4G69 2.4 L SOHC MIVEC

Transmission(s)
4-speed automatic
4-speed semi-auto
5-speed manual

truthdweller

Re: 2004-2006 Lancer Ralliart

Post by truthdweller » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Hey Michael/Brent, Gary from over @ the evom site...

Confirming the reflash is ready for the AT with the Turbokits.com kit installed? Still waiting for three more takers for the group buy.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Shouldn't be a problem with the AT cars. I've already tuned a few of them.

-Michael

truthdweller

Post by truthdweller » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:15 am

Awesome, cant wait... :mrgreen:

blaire

Post by blaire » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:46 pm

I think what hes specifically asking is if the reflash is ready for automatic turbo applications. As far as I understand, I thought I was the only auto turbo you'd attempted this with yet, and we haven't gotten it working? You're confusing both of us by stating you have successfully reflashed and tuned a few auto ralliarts. Can you clarify?

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:34 am

Originally the arrangement was that you'd bring the car up and I'd do it in person. Since then I've tuned a number of auto ralliarts. I've got over 200 definition files that need to be converted so when yours is done you can edit the file yourself. You did get a tactrix cable didn't you?

-Michael

blair16

Post by blair16 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 am

I do have a tactrix cable, and evoscan, and I'll soon have a proper wideband that integrates with evoscan for afr logs. You keep saying you tuned auto ralliarts, but have you tuned an auto turbo ralliart? Mike, you realize you still have 1 of my ecu's right? If you are convinced you have everything worked out, then reflash the ecu of mine that you have with an auto turbo reflash (use the fuel maps that you tuned the rrm mt ralliart a while back with). It should be more successful then what we've previous had going, right? Also, if you've tuned other auto turbo ralliarts successfully but are having issue with my application, shouldn't you be able to compare the roms and looks for differences?

I don't get it, if you've tuned other auto ralliart turbos, why haven't I been contacted in these regards? I've spoken with Brent many times (including a bunch of times in the last few days) and hes under the influence you haven't tuned a auto turbo ralliart yet. Why am I being left out in the dark on this issue?

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:15 am

Every time I tune a different vehicle it doesn't get announced. Originally I believe I was going to tune your vehicle in person which would have solved all your problems in one go. Frequently I find if a map does not function as expected there is a difference in the system from bad BOV placement or boost leaks. The fact that the car is automatic or manual has little effect since the transmission control part is in a different part of the program and settings. Unfortunately evoscan's method of reading log info isn't very good since it queries one parameter at a time so I'm not sure how successful that will be. There is a wire you can add to your wideband output so the tactrix cable reads it directly, I'll have to look up the instructions for that.

-Michael

blair16

Post by blair16 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:00 am

Yes but you failed to answer my question. Have you tuned an automatic turbo ralliart? I'm not using a BOV, but rather a diverter valve. I have done multiple boost leak tests. And the fact of the matter is with rrms terrible piggyback my car can hold boost fine till 10 psi. I know you've tuned a MT rrm kit. My diverter value is placed in the same exact spot as his. In fact my diverter value (which is the same Bosch unit as what Brent uses) is located post-MAF sensor and positioned pretty much the same as that of Brent's car. The problem never was with the tune on my car, but rather the calculations upon seeing above atmospheric pressure. Its clear... when the turbo spools and the ecu begins to see positive atmospheric pressure the ecu dumps fuel and the car falls on its face. It happens instantly upon seeing boost. Not knowing the rom myself, I still think its a fair bet to say tuning a N/A auto ralliart is completely different then tuning a turbo in the sense that the fuel calculations would differ a fair bit. Originally we never spoke about tuning my vehicle in person, It was always about tuning through the mail. There was talk about me driving up to you guys, but we both know thats at least minimum 1 week of time. It wasn't a possibility months ago due to university, and now its not a possibility due to the fact that I'm working a full time job as a software developer and doing freelance web design on the side. We both know what you're doing is the correct solution to running boost on these cars. If I could I'd be on my way to you to get this resolved in person, but life sucks.

So I ask again, have you tuned an automatic lancer ralliart turbo? Not an automatic eclipse, not anything else automatic, just specifically the application I'm asking about.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 am

See my post of July 10th. I think that has addressed your question.

-Michael