MAF and injector size?

Discussion related to the 4G69 powered Lancer Rallairt
cranswick

MAF and injector size?

Post by cranswick » Mon May 05, 2014 10:22 am

Hey mike, just a quick one...under fuel scalars, it has my injectors at 418cc, is that the actual flow rate of the WRX 440's? Also, for MAF size it says 58mm, is that the size of the sensor, or the diameter of the housing? cause 2.5" is closer to 63mm...i'm only asking cause i hit 4.9v on my MAF voltage, so i turned the boost back down, i wasn't logging MAF voltage before, so i thought maybe that's why it was knocking at 12psi (spiking to 14), cause i had to pull an insane amount of timing to get it to stop.

hackish
Site Admin

Re: MAF and injector size?

Post by hackish » Mon May 05, 2014 6:43 pm

The MAF size was my attempt to get the math somewhere close. I wouldn't trust it. I'm trying to get speed density rolling soon so you turbo guys can get rid of the MAF problem. The WRX blue top injectors are actually 420cc. Everyone thought they were 440cc when the WRX came out in 2002 and I guess it stuck in my brain.

-Michael

cranswick

Post by cranswick » Tue May 06, 2014 10:48 am

in the mean time, can the MAF signal be scaled for a higher flow rate or will that throw the maps out to lunch?

I didn't write to the ECU, but I tried changing the size, and it auto populates a larger number...like to get 61mm you have to type 43 or something like that....I was curious what changing that value will do to the calculation.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Tue May 06, 2014 1:59 pm

I think the definition you have probably has an error in the math. That's the most likely symptom.

Try this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrlv5ue9vovj6 ... A420CC.def

You should be able to drag and drop it onto FastWorks and it will auto-install it for you.

-Michael

cranswick

Post by cranswick » Wed May 07, 2014 9:51 am

not sure if you meant dropping it into the fastworks executable, or into the folder, but i got this error:

"an error occured attempting to read the file"

i went ahead i backed up the definition file that was in the fastworks folder, and replaced it with that one, and it seems to be working. The odd thing is that it changed my MAF diameter to 3mm in all my tunes...i changed them all back to 58...i hope it's not going to screw with my tunes.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Thu May 08, 2014 9:47 pm

No, don't change that. I think it's still the units on the math. I suspect it should have said 3" not 3mm. the definition only affects how you can edit and display parameters not the parameters in the file.

-Michael

mrralliart09

Post by mrralliart09 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Would it be possible to get a snapshot of the injector settings for the 02 WRX injectors? I think mine are still running very rich.

Thanks in advance! :D