Waiting List for 2006-2007 Elise owners

Naturally Aspirated Lotus Elise with the 2ZZGE engine
hackish
Site Admin

Waiting List for 2006-2007 Elise owners

Post by hackish » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 am

I've had a number of requests from people who wanted to be the first to know when support for the 2006-2007 product is made public. If you want to be contacted please post something on here. I can send everyone an email or PM when we release the product.

-Michael

johnpham326

Re: Waiting List for 2006-2007 Elise owners

Post by johnpham326 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:42 am

Subscribed. I have a VF2 supercharged tune that idles well (stumbles 2% of the time by going lean) and starts quickly (95% of the time). Most importantly, I'm looking to fix my issue with the tune going lean (likely due to learning) every few days.

hackish
Site Admin

Re: Waiting List for 2006-2007 Elise owners

Post by hackish » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Learning on the T4E occurs in 2 ways. First, it learns the fuel trims. The adjustment table it builds are long term trims by RPM and load. I'd have to double check the size of that table, but basically when it lands in a cell it will load the longterm trim it used "last time" it was in that cell and use it as a starting point. Any short term trims will be averaged with this long term trim. So in theory if it needs more fuel in one spot then it will gradually learn that.

The second way the T4E does learning is for knock. If the vehicle always knocks in a certain place it will also learn this and retard timing according to it's recollection of how much knock retard is needed in each area.

If you're getting a system too lean code then it probably means that the VE table was not tuned to be close enough to supply the needed amount of fuel for a specific cell. When the learned longterm fuel trim reaches its maximum and the shot term trim is also at its maximum the system will trip a system too lean code. The correction is to simply edit the VE table and add more fuel. If the problem is in boost or high load then you will need to adjust when closed loop control occurs so it's less picky and stays in open loop longer.

-Michael