Problem connecting

Any discussion related to the 4G Eclipse GT/GS
pavopaul

Problem connecting

Post by pavopaul » Sat May 21, 2016 10:10 am

Hello my name is Paul Ramsay a returning customer , I have a 2006 eclipse GT and a couple year back I got some tunes from : support@fastworks.com

My car has not been able to work, and I would like to return the ECU to stock, but I had my computer where I used to have my old tunes stolen, Now i downloaded FastWorks and put my Log In info and it opens just fine.
My problem is when I try to connect I get a " installing fastworks software in the cars ECU" and tries to made a Backup, but at the end i get an error and stops

I wold appreciate the help

Thank you

hackish
Site Admin

Re: Problem connecting

Post by hackish » Tue May 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi,

Most often an error message is related to a poor connection over the obd2 port. Some of the clients who were converted from the old system to the new one need to have some changes made on my end with the license server since its backup is really not an original file. I'd need to know what the error message says.

-Michael

pavopaul

Post by pavopaul » Wed May 25, 2016 1:04 am

"The installation file from the server could not be opened. This may indicate that there is a problem with your tunes path or that the download did not complete.

Try again? Cancel

Thats the error I get, I try again and still get the error...

Backup Your Calibration Data OK
Send Backup To Server OK
Download Install Image ERROR

pavopaul

Post by pavopaul » Wed May 25, 2016 1:13 am

Another thing

When I try to open some of my old files I fould I get a "download templates" pop-up
And then I get an error:

Error loading file template. You may need to contact support to have a template created for you file.

Error message: Dependency not found.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Fri May 27, 2016 9:25 am

Sounds like you may be running an old version. If you've tried to update templates then there is a missing directory in the old installer and you may need to manually create a "logging" directory under your definitions. Look at the attached screenshot.
logging.jpg
logging.jpg (118.56 KiB) Viewed 7547 times
-Michael