now what?

Any discussion related to the 4G Eclipse GT/GS
rdb420

now what?

Post by rdb420 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:04 am

I just paid on paypal and have downloaded everything. I can't figure out how to register. do I have to wait for you to do something. everything I have found on here and club 4g are really vague about how to get this working.

hackish
Site Admin

Re: now what?

Post by hackish » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:32 pm

You ran the program after installing it? That should guide you through the registration process. Once you've done that I approve the registration, assign your VIN and you do perform installation after connecting to the ecu.

-Michael

rdb420

Post by rdb420 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:27 pm

cant figure out how to run it? where do I find it. I can find it in control panel but that will only let me uninstall it.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:25 pm

The program will be installed in your start menu. If you're still running into issues maybe we could setup a time and connect via teamviewer so I can walk you through it.

-Michael

rdb420

Post by rdb420 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:14 am

I uninstalled this and reinstalled just to make sure everything was right. I can open the program and hook it up to my car. I just don't understand what to do next. sorry but i'm not real computer savy and everything I can find is very vague about how to go about this. I would just ask for a refund but since i'm stuck with the tactrix cable I might as well try to figure bit out. it would be nice if you could just tell me step by step exactly what to do. I just bought a new computer specifically for this so I know there are no issuses with my computer.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:35 pm

I wouldn't be too concerned about running into problems. I'm here to help you get through it. I've even walked some people through the entire process by connecting to their computer via teamviewer. It was as easy as them turning the key on and off when I needed.

You install fastworks. First time you run it it asks you to register. Each prompt has instructions you can follow. This is the registration process I keep referring to. This is how the system makes a backup of your car's computer and keeps it safe for you. If you're still running into problem give me a time and we can walk through it together.

-Michael

rdb420

Post by rdb420 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:34 am

i have ran the program with tactrix cable hooked up and I registered it showed my vin on the screen. it says unliscensed user I just don't know what to do next. I could hook up with you on teamviewer tomorrow anytime or Saturday or sunday. I am going back to work Monday so I would have to be in the evening next week. do I need to download teamviewer?

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:01 am

I think if you pick renew license it should pick up the one from the server. You should see that your license ID is 748. As soon as it shows that your vehicle is in the licensed list it will show up with perform installation in the ecu menu when you've connected. Tomorrow I'm around until 11:00 EST. Weekends are hit and miss since I try to spend them with my family.

-Michael

rdb420

Post by rdb420 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:45 pm

think I got it figured out. it backed up my factory ecu. I guess you now create a tune for me? do you need more info from me such as what mods I have done?

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:05 am

Sounds good. Send the list of your mods to tuning@fastworks.com and I'll build a tune for you ASAP.

-Michael