datalogging dummy

Any discussion related to the 4G Eclipse GT/GS
tmoney

datalogging dummy

Post by tmoney » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:34 am

I tried datalogging last night but i am not sure what I'm doing

I hit the record button and it turned blue. I hit it again when i thought i was done and it stayed blue and gave no indication anything happened. I wrote my calibration after thinking that was how i uploaded the data to you.
1. How do I know its working?
2. How do i save the file for viewing
3. How do i view the file and compare
4. How do I send it to you for tuning

I am buying a udp, wideband o2, gt throttle body with spacers and maybe a cam this summer. Still debating turbo over the winter. I'm not a wealthy guy but all my cash and time go into my car
I ran 16.00 at the track on a very hot muggy evening, but goal is sub 15 i really need to get this datalogging and tuning down. Thank you for your patience with my ignorance.

hackish
Site Admin

Re: datalogging dummy

Post by hackish » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:44 pm

When you click the record button it's starts saving the file in your datalogging directory. You're not the first with these questions so I'm working on something that shows the datalogging process so you know it's still going.

-Michael

tmoney

Post by tmoney » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:00 pm

I emailed what i think is my log. Please let me know if it is right.

How can i view it? When i open it, its all jumbled together. :(

Also. I would like to datalog for a 3rd gear pull to see what's going on and for further tuning.
I want to make sure I'm doing this right first.

Thanks

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:43 am

I'm off to Vancouver first thing tomorrow. I'll try to download it and look while I'm on the airplane but I have no idea how well the baby will travel.

-Michael

tmoney

Post by tmoney » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi Michael,
Hope the travel went well. I have sent you another file that was a 3rd gear pull as we haven't done this yet on my car. Thought you could take a look and let me know how everything looks.
When you get a chance, if you could answer my questions above, it would be appreciated. Thanks and have a good trip.

Regards,
Travis

tmoney

Post by tmoney » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:19 am

Just bought an aem wideband. How should i datalog?

tmoney

Post by tmoney » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:11 am

Havent hooked up my wideband yet. Tomorrow

Twilsond7

Post by Twilsond7 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:31 am

Where is the record button?

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:18 pm

It should be in the datalog list. When you press the button it will become slightly depressed and that's how you know it's logging. You can also watch in your datalog directory for a file like 123455.csv and it will grow as you log.

A word of warning that the next software release replaces all of the datalogging stuff with a new module. It's the last major piece of the puzzle as I'm synchronizing the dealer and user versions of the software.

-Michael

Twilsond7

Post by Twilsond7 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:48 pm

Got it. So you load your tune, view gauges and view layout. Hit record and start the car. You start seeing all the values jump around and its recording. You hit record again and it stops. Then how do you save and send?