Process for getting and installing a tune...

Any discussion related to the 4G Eclipse GT/GS
hackish
Site Admin

Process for getting and installing a tune...

Post by hackish » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:04 pm

a) Download, install and register the software. You can find a link to the latest version here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=454&sid=6c97de7af00 ... 1fa653e42f

b) I will approve your registration and match you up with your VIN number. This typically takes less than a day but I do sleep sometimes and I don't always work weekends. When I've done this I generally send an email telling you.

c) Next, run the software, using the email address and password you used when you registered your software, log in. HINT: The handy checkbox under your password allows you to save it so you don't have to keep entering it.

d) Check under the server menu for license information. The vehicles tab should show your VIN number. If not, you can go to the Server menu and select renew license. If it still isn't there then send me a PM.

e) Plug the cable in, turn the key on and select ECU, Connect. Then select Perform Installation. Follow the instructions.

When you've completed this step I will generally build a tune and email it to you. I try to get all the tunes out on the same day unless I have to build a definition in which case I'll let you know.

-Michael

Xero

Re: Process for getting and installing a tune...

Post by Xero » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:11 am

Michael, How can I send you a PM? This may be helpful if others have this issue. My VIN is not showing up, and I am trying to renew the license.I keep getting an error that I am unable to connect to the server.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:31 pm

If you get an error about unable to connect to the server that generally means that you've got some sort of firewall or antivirus program that's blocking it. Fastworks just establishes an http connection the same as your web browser might.

-Michael

kenzie.capitan

Post by kenzie.capitan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Are you able to adjust afr without the wideband ( saw it on the datalogging thread). Also i emailed you earlier, when should i expect a tune

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:31 pm

You need a wideband otherwise it's like aiming a gun in the dark. The base tune that comes with the software is well tested, performs well and is very safe.

-Michael

ked263

Post by ked263 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:04 pm

ok, so I made an account , done with the register , connected my open port and activated the program...
was able to run the program.. but still cant see my vin ,
something went wrong or am I missing something .,
thanks .

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Can you email your VIN to me? I normally add these to the license server when payment is received so I can look it up and associate it with your account.

hackish@gmail.com

-Michael

ked263

Post by ked263 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:55 am

Sent,

:D

obnoxious4g

Post by obnoxious4g » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:09 am

im also ready for my boost tune. i have everything installed and ready. my email is russell.hayden82@gmail.com im also gonna attach my tune file just incase you need it.
Attachments
4A3AK24F87E019933.cod
(243.21 KiB) Downloaded 1195 times

darknezz7

Post by darknezz7 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi there, a client of mine just purchased a 4g 2006 eclipse GT 6spd and wants to get some more out of it.

After a ton of research lead me to you, I still have a few questions.

First is, this should be a simple tune, maybe you already have it mapped out, how much will it cost? The car has fujita intake and needs the cats replaced so going to get OBX manifolds and a hi flow exhuast back.
Need to deal with CEL that will come from that and want a tune to make use of the mods.

All I need is the Tactrix Openport 2.0+ECUFLASH? I can get that for $80

I plug it in and run your software which will pull the current base from the ecu then you map that correct?

The other thing I was looking at is the EvoScan 1.3D USB OBDII/MUTIII/SSMII Datalogging Cable + evoscan software for still around $80.
But I dont actually know if thats compatible or what I need. It says ecu flash only works with the 2006 eclipse AT

What I dont get is evoscan.com is selling the same tactrix 2.0 for almost $300

Theres the 1.3u which im also not sure what else it does, and the MMC module 2 that is suppose to work with 2006 eclipse GT 6spd which I found some tunes from RRE that I believe I can load up, that is $300.

So theres my options as I see it, I'm still learning tuning, but I need to, I have another friend with a 2g eclipse spyder we built a 2.4 dohc turbo stroker and it needs a tune too.