Process for getting and installing a tune...

Any discussion related to the 4G Eclipse GT/GS
hackish
Site Admin

Re: Process for getting and installing a tune...

Post by hackish » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:20 am

Hi,

First of all you should always purchase an openport 2.0 through the manufacturer at www.tactrix.com. There are chinese clone cables floating around for $80 and they're unlikely to work.

Second, the software handles all the datalogging and there is a tune already completed for all the different models. You don't need evoscan at all. As for pricing it's going on sale on the 15th. If you have an ongoing need then you may be interested in purchasing a dealer license which allows you to purchase and resell vin licenses and tunes at a discount.

Finally, fastworks does read the stock ecu and allow patches to the factory firmware to add new features. As well I provide a tune that you can install and/or edit as desired.

-Michael

darknezz7

Post by darknezz7 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:36 pm

Thats makes sense on the price, thanks for clearing that up.
So tactrix 2.0 cable is $187 shipped.

By "software" you are referring to "ecuflash" or your software?

What is going on sale, your software or the tactrix?

How much will your software be? Just for the one car for now.
I do not see where to buy your software.

Thanks for getting back to me

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:37 am

The software I produce is FastWorks. That's the software I am talking about. Right now we have our yearly sale going on 249.99 for an NA tune and 349.99 for the boosted one.

You'd have to contact me via email to make the purchase.

-Michael

darknezz7

Post by darknezz7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:58 am

Yeah your post cleared up all my questions.

My client will be contacting you to purchase it.

He could get your software now then get the tactrix next month right?

I'm still hazy if this is just a base tune we are buying, or if its custom to the vehicle. Reason asking is hes going to get headers, so we would want to tune after those.

Oh and can the software only be installed on one computer? or the license is held with the logon acc you create for the program after purchasing correct?

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:53 pm

You're purchasing a package. That includes custom tuning/logging software, custom patches to the map that give additional features as well as a conservative tune setup for the list of mods. Since there are a variety of setups, fuels and cars with dirty mafs, chinese intakes with the wrong diameter pipe, clogged fuel filters and such I don't deliver a tune that's been done to the max on the dyno for every possible last bit. Instead I back it off a few degrees and richen it a tiny bit to ensure reliability and longevity is balanced with performance. I call it a base map but it really is the product of completing and delivering over 300 tunes for the platform.

-Michael

darknezz7

Post by darknezz7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:31 pm

Sounds great, his name is Daniel and I sent him your info, it will be me working on the car however.

It has Fujita f5 intake, new manifold gaskets, I just did full tune up, engine has 85k. Hes getting obx manifolds and I'll do a custom free flowing exhaust from there, no cats. He doesn't want to blow it up, but definitely keep it well performing and squeeze the power out of it.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Thanks, I'll take care of him.

-Michael