These instructions apply to UVTune 0.99.1023 and later.
Download the installer and run it. It has been tested on Windows 7 and Vista. Please report any problems during install.
Before running the program for the first time you need your tactrix cable with the drivers already installed. You should also have your VIN number handy.
When you run the program the first time it's best to have it connected to the internet. It can then download any updates since the last installer was built. The first time you run the program it will query you for your license info and ask you to plug the tactrix cable in so it can license your cable properly. The software will then connect to the server and download a license key. If your tuning computer is not connected to the internet you will need to follow the additional instructions below:
If you do not have an internet connection you will need to use the online management tool to register and obtain your license.
1) After completing the license wizard in fastworks there will be a file in your program directory called fastworks.key. You will need to copy this file to a computer that has internet access.
2) Go to: http://license.fastworks.com/cgi-bin/manager.cgi/
3) Select "Create License"
4) Select your fastworks.key file and click on "Upload License File"
5) When the file has been processed and assuming the VIN number you submitted has already been paid for you will have a "Download License" option on the next screen. Click this and save the new fastworks.dat file. You will need to copy this file to your tuning computer and place it in the program install directory where you got your original fastworks.key file.
6) Please note your license ID number as you will need this to access the web manager to download updates and tunes.
7) It would be a good idea to log into the system at this point to check for software updates.
- Log in using your license ID and the web password you selected in the license wizard.
- select "Download Software" and download any updates to the program. Any update files can be placed in the program folder and it will update the software next time it is started. *NOTE* you must quit fastworks to copy the program update in.
From there, take the computer and tactrix cable out to your car and you are ready to download your backup file from the ECU. If your tuning computer has an internet connection it will automatically connect to the server, save your original tune and download any performance tunes for your car. If you do not have an internet connection you will need to use the license manager to send your backup file and download any tunes.
Any discussion related to the 4G Eclipse GT/GS
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests