04 Outty

Other Supported Mitsubishi Vehicles
Izerous

04 Outty

Post by Izerous » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:14 pm

I emailed support@fastworks.com but it has been just about three weeks and have not seen any kind of response so mentioning it here in-case there is an error with the automated ticketing system mentioned.

Back in 2012 I picked up a license and we attempted to flash my 2004 Outty (4G69) but it would never validate against the VIN number, and it would never apply a tune because of this. After a bunch of back and forth the conversation stopped and didn't hear back from your end. I didn't pursue it after that thinking it was being looked into then a lot more time went by then I realized.

Now looking at more recent posts in the forums it seems like this is an issue with all 2004 models but that didn't come up in our email conversations. I'd really like to make use of the software, 25% under driven, GT Throttle body, after market SRI.

I'd really like to know my options to actually make use of it considering I was never able to use it. It downloaded and installed onto the laptop but refused to ever move past the VIN authentication phase.

hackish
Site Admin

Re: 04 Outty

Post by hackish » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:01 am

What version are you running? Sometimes people don't get responses from the ticket system because of spam filters. If the software is recent then you should be able to register and license it. The VIN checking process was removed over 2 years ago.

-Michael

Izerous

Post by Izerous » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:19 am

It was an older build with the vin authentication still enabled. I havn't tried since and when I visited here and other forums to read up on it I saw topics of having to send you the ECU's for 04 Outlanders and RA's. That is no longer the case for the 04's with the Vin auth removed?

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:47 am

Having to mail an ECU out has not been the case now for quite a number of years.

-Michael