datalog viewer

Suggestions for new features and general changes to the software
obnoxious4g

datalog viewer

Post by obnoxious4g » Mon May 04, 2015 10:19 pm

I have an idea for a datalog viewer that is beginner friendly. I have no idea what im looking at when i view my logs and it is a little frusturating because i would like to make my own adjustments but a row of numbers is overwhelming to look at. so i was thinking maybe there is a program that can put the log in a fuel target type of layout. for example say you want to make corrections for knock or add/subtract fuel in areas that need be. a log that can pinpoint where the knock is on a table layout and be compared to the ignition table would be easy to do and same goes for fuel and other things. but its all just an idea. i have no idea how to tune an ecu or even where to begin but its very interesting to me and i would love to learn. so if this is even possible to do i think it would be very helpful for the user and it would take a huge load off of the professional tuner thats taking time out to make simple changes to tunes.......or am i just crazy lol :)

cranswick

Re: datalog viewer

Post by cranswick » Tue May 12, 2015 12:14 pm

makes sense, Michael and I have talked about a visual datalogger, in the form of a graph...if you''ve ever seen DSMLink, it's really cool, it has the time axism which has a slider, and then each logged parameter has a color coded line, the y axis is scaled for each data set, so all are visible on the same graph, and you can hide/unhide anything you want, and as you slide the timer, there are text boxes below that show you what each parameter was, at any point in time,l load, or RPM...etc.

obnoxious4g

Post by obnoxious4g » Wed May 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Oh awesome! I'd like to learn how to tune cars I'm basically a wrench turner right now tho lol.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Wed May 20, 2015 9:41 am

log1.jpg
log1.jpg (280.88 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
There is a data overlay function but it still needs some work. I expect it will be in the next release. The other thing here is that I need to add the ability to drag the log view right and left as clicking on a section is not intuitive.

-Michael