All about launch control...

UVTune & FastWorks support for Mitsubishi vehicles
hackish
Site Admin

All about launch control...

Post by hackish » Thu May 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Some firmware has a feature that can be used like launch control from the factory. Other firmware has special launch control patches written by me.
a) If the vehicle speed is less than Launch Control Maximum Speed
b) the RPM is above Launch Control Engage RPM and launch control is not already engaged

Then a the fuel is cut until the RPM drops below the Launch Control Engage RPM or the vehicle speed increases above launch control maximum speed.
launch.jpg
launch.jpg (19.41 KiB) Viewed 23773 times
Most AT cars with the feature are setup from the factory as pictured.
Here are some pointers to setting it up for a performance application:
- Try to keep the resume RPM lower than the engage RPM but very close to it. Depending on the RPM this can cause a buncy limiter or a very smooth one. Adjust according to your preferences.
- Use a low maximum vehicle speed but not too low that the limiter disengages if you begin to roll at the line. 10kph is a good spot.
- If the vehicle's speed sensor fails you may encounter the limiter as the ECU believes the vehicle is stationary when it really isn't.

-Michael

SpyderGT

Re: All about launch control...

Post by SpyderGT » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:03 am

I have a question about this and perhaps anyone who's used it can chime in but how do you actually set the launch control to work on the car? From my understanding, all I need to do is set my rpm's and speed, flash my ecu and then by holding the clutch and gas down the launch control should engage? I've tried to do this several times but nothing is happening. Right now I have it set as seen in this picture. It's set low now just so I could see if it worked while sitting in my driveway, no need to piss my neighbours off. My car is also 3.8l 6 speed, in case that matters.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:18 pm

6 speed is going to be the manual transmission so I think it needs the launch control patch.

-Michael

Nicolaralliart

Post by Nicolaralliart » Tue May 06, 2014 8:08 am

Does the software for the ralliarts have launch control. Also what is the ideal rpms and speed to input?

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Fri May 09, 2014 6:07 pm

The MT software for the ralliart can have launch control if it's requested. I am presently working on a way to apply it as a patch by just clicking a checkbox but before this is done you'd need to send me your tuning to have it applied to just that file.

-Michael

Nicolaralliart

Post by Nicolaralliart » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:19 am

Hey hackish, sorry for the extremely late reply but where do i send the tune to?

TrevRoar

Post by TrevRoar » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:38 pm

How would one safely disable the launch control? Just set the RPM range higher?

cranswick

Post by cranswick » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:36 pm

have you tried to set the disable speed to 0...I've never tried, just a suggestion...I haven't been testing the software much lately because I have a bent shift fork, so I have no 3rd gear, and I got a bad CV joint...I can have a poke around and see if I can find a good method if you haven't solved this on your own.

also setting the rpm as high as your rev limit would likely have similar results...although, pointless, as that rev limit is already there, but maybe set it to like 4,500 or something, no need to launch the car at 6,000, and you should be able to do a burnout at 4,500 anyway.

sorry for the late replies.

hackish
Site Admin

Post by hackish » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:22 am

TrevRoar wrote:How would one safely disable the launch control? Just set the RPM range higher?
You can set the disable speed to 0. You can set the RPM to something insanely high like 10000 rpm.

-Michael

kaecker3

Post by kaecker3 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:43 pm

I cant seem to get it to work. 06 GS MT
Want to set it to 3500 rpms.
What do i have to do